In this post, Bernie Palowitch, President of Iknow LLC, discusses the challenges facing knowledge management (KM):
- Relevance. Ensuring that KM programs have direct relevance or impact on the organization.
- Grappling with the explosion of available content. Dealing with the increasing amounts of content in varied forms, including social media and public websites.
- Finding the right technology solution for a specific use case. Finding the KM software that best meets your needs is becoming increasingly challenging with the growth in the number of this software.
- Funding. Ensuring executive support and KM program funding.
- Tailoring your KM program to meet your organization’s “big picture” demographics. Do you have a good understanding of the demographic composition of your employees and clients?