This post highlights the successes of 12 women in the still male-dominated areas data science and Big Data.The women are all based in the United States; it’s unclear whether other countries were examined.
- Karen Matthys, Executive Director for external partners at the Stanford Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering.
- Jill Dyche, VP SAS Best Practices at SAS Institute
- Yanbing Li, VP and GM of Storage and Availability at VMware
- Jana Eggers, CEO at Nara Logics
- Megan Price, Executive Director at Human Rights Data Analysis Group
- Neha Narkhede, Cofounder and CTO at Confluent
- Amy O’Connor, Big Data Evangelist at Cloudera
- Monica Rogati, Equity Partner, Data Collective at Advisor, Insight Data Science
- Jennifer Tour Chayes, Distinguished Scientist and Managing Director at Microsoft Research
- Caitlin Smallwood, VP, Science and Algorithms at Netflix
- Carrie Grimes, Distinguished Engineer at Google
- Kelly Thompson, SVP, Global Category Development and Merchandise Solutions at Wal-Mart eCommerce